Attorney Peter Nagell has a heart for defending immigrants and their families. He gives families and employers working with him the personalized attention they need when when their homes and their jobs are at stake. A fluent Spanish and German speaker, Peter makes it his goal to be accessible to his clients. He limits the number of cases he takes so he can be more responsive to clients' needs. Peter never wants his title as lawyer to be intimidating. Instead, he wants to be approachable, a point of stability in what can be a period of anxiety and uncertainty.
Minnesota Based, Internationally Minded
A life-long Minnesotan, Peter M. Nagell attended the William Mitchell College of Law here in St. Paul with a desire to serve his community. After graduating law school, Peter entered private practice as an associate attorney with a local immigration law firm, where he represented immigrants with family-based petitions, removal defense, adjustments of status, citizenship and naturalization applications, U-visas, and applications for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). In 2015, Peter established Nagell Law, PLLC with a mission to provide attentive, responsive and honest legal representation.
"I went to law school hoping to serve the greater good. I wanted to unite my passions for public service and working with people from diverse backgrounds with my interest in foreign affairs and government. Immigration is a perfect fit."
Peter Nagell has a worldly mindset, even in his off-time. When he is not practicing immigration law, he enjoys arts and cultural happenings. He is an active practitioner of yoga and meditation, which helps him stay centered, even in the midst of a chaotic legal environment.
Attorney Peter Nagell is focused on finding immigration solutions for families, businesses, and individuals. Contact St. Paul Minnesota Immigration Attorney Peter Nagell today to schedule a consultation.
Immigration Attorney Peter Nagell, At a Glance
William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Juris Doctor
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Merit Scholarship
- Honors: Minnesota Justice Foundation Law School Public Service Recognition
- Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project Fellow
University of Minnesota, Duluth, Minnesota
- Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Majors: International Studies & Political Science
- Minors: German Studies
- William Mitchell Immigration Law Clinic, Student Attorney, 2012
- Pratt International Law Firm, Associate Attorney, 2012 - 2015
- Nagell Law, PLLC, Founding Attorney, 2015 - present
Pro-Bono Volunteer Services
- Volunteer Lawyers Network, volunteer attorney
- The Minnesota Detention Project, volunteer attorney
- 2017 Upper Midwest Immigration Law Conference, co-chair planning committee
- Compassionate Ocean Zen Center, Board of Directors, secretary
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Minnesota/Dakotas Chapter
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Panel moderator, "Preparing for you USCIS Interview," AILA Upper Midwest Conference, May 2016
- Panelist, "International Law Career Panel," Dorsey & Whitney, 2014
- Presenter, “Federal Benefits for Senior Citizens,” Senior Legal Fair, Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, 2014
Attorney Peter Nagell in the News
- "Citizenship Applications up Amid Anti-immigrant Rhetoric," StarTribune, June 27, 2016.